3 de janeiro de 2013

Blonds - The Bad Ones

The Tune for today is:


The Blonds - The Bad Ones 



Love, just be good to me, say that you stay
but, I don't need you to say 
that I'm beautifull, each and every day. 

Because you and me will always be the bad ones. 
The bad bad bad bad ones.

Come, come up the hills, 
and I roll back down, 
my heart has found 
the home on it's own 
cause love isn't everything 
its everywhere 
now nothing, 
nothing compares, compares

you and me will always be the bad ones 
the bad bad bad bad ones

you and me will always be the bad ones 
the bad bad bad bad ones



Review by Maura Johnston (rolling stone)


This Brooklyn-via-Florida duo operate in black and white, bringing together torch-song dramatics, scratchy AM-radio fizz and wave after wave of haunted reverb to craft flickering songs that sound beamed in from a world where Lana Del Rey gets a star turn in a David Lynch movie and/or the Ronettes slurp Old-Fashioneds with Mazzy Star at closing time. Cari Rae's strong alto, which can evoke several shades of sadness, anchors songs like the melancholy yet sparkling "Time" and the sublimely grinding "Run." On "Mr. E," Rae and bandmate Jordy Asher let loose, fighting for space with a squealing guitar and tumbling drums. Sometimes the retromania can be as stu y as a mothball-filled closet, but for the most part, their debut album is a pleasantly morose listen.





Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário